- RA Benefits
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Office of Residence Life.
- Tuition Exchange - This benefit is for spouses and dependents of College and University employees. It is recommended that you start the application process in the fall prior to the year your child will attend. Many decisions are made by January or February. Contact your employer's Human Resource office for more information.
- Tuition Remission - for employees and spouses/dependents of employees of W&J.
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits - or contact your county Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Military Benefits - Washington & Jefferson College is approved for Veteran Education benefits. Some programs also allow for the transfer of benefits to go to qualifying dependents. Determination is made by the Veterans Administration.
- Private College 529 Plan - This is a new way to pay for a child's future education costs and is more of a long term investment.
- NEED (Negro Educational Emergency Drive) - Washington & Jefferson College has partnered with the NEED program and PHEAA's PATH program to provide unique funding opportunities to African-American students from specific counties in Western Pennsylvania. These counties include Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland.
NEED is a community based organization offering financial aid, internships, and counseling to help young African-Americans apply to, finance, and complete higher education. The funding from NEED helps to fill the gap that exists after federal, state, and institutional aid has been exhausted.
The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has a unique program that uses an allocation from the state to match private contributions to students from participating agencies. NEED is one of these agencies, so there is potential for funding from both NEED and PATH for students who meet the criteria.
Interested students can visit NEED's website (www.needld.org) for more information or to complete an online application.